+86 411 8263 7319
The Main Advantages Of Aluminum Castings
Aluminum castings, not only from the use of materials but also from other aspects, have some advantages that other castings do not have, mainly:
(1) Aluminum castings design is beautiful, light in weight, and easy to transport. In the automotive field, this is a great advantage.
(2) The density of aluminum alloy is significantly lower than that of cast iron and cast steel, but its strength and corrosion resistance is much higher. Therefore, under the same load weight, the use of aluminum casting can greatly reduce the weight of the structure.
(3) For the surface of aluminum alloy, its surface gloss is very good, and its casting performance is also very good.
Causes of aluminum casting mold formation and aluminum casting solutions:
Aluminum casting is a modern technology that takes electromagnetic pump low-pressure casting technology as its core, aluminum smelting molding compound purification technology and manufacturing core, and produces high-quality aluminum casting.
Aluminum castings will inevitably encounter some problems during use and storage.
1. The environment, temperature, and humidity of aluminum castings are suitable for mold growth.
2. The surface of the aluminum casting is mixed with super-soluble materials, which automatically absorb the moisture in the air, form a galvanic battery corrosion reaction, and create an environment suitable for mold growth.
3. Due to the corrosion reaction of the galvanic battery, the alkaline composite material is precipitated on the surface of the aluminum casting. After deliquescence, the temperature and humidity are suitable, and the mold grows rapidly.
4. The surface of the aluminum casting has grease, plant fiber, and other soil suitable for mold growth. Once the humidity and temperature are appropriate, mold growth will be rapid.
Measures to prevent intrusive porosity in aluminum castings:
1. Improve the exhaust capacity of sand molds and sand cores: put vent holes on the casting mold to help the exhaust, keep the vent holes of the sand core unblocked, and set vent holes on the top of the aluminum casting; use a reasonable casting system.
2. Properly increase the pouring temperature: increasing the pouring temperature can allow enough time for the invading gas to be discharged; the pouring height and speed should be controlled during pouring to ensure the smooth flow and filling of the liquid metal.
3. Improve the melting quality of molten metal: try to reduce the sulfur content of molten iron to ensure the fluidity of molten iron; prevent excessive oxidation of the molten metal and reduce gas discharge resistance.