+86 411 8263 7319
Aluminum castings play a very important role in the current industry, and they are widely used in many industries. With the continuous development of society, people's living needs are getting higher and higher, and the demand for aluminum casting technology is also increasing. When we use and use the aluminum casting process, do we know what are the advantages of aluminum castings produced by aluminum casting, our aluminum alloy foundry will take you to understand some of the advantages of aluminum castings.
Furniture Cast Aluminum Part
The main advantages of aluminum castings:
Aluminum castings, not only from the use of materials, but also from other aspects, have some advantages not found in other castings, which are mainly:
(1) Furniture cast aluminum part is beautiful in appearance and light in weight, so it can be easily transported. And in cars, that's a big plus.
(2) The density of aluminum alloy is obviously smaller than that of cast iron, cast steel, etc., but it is much higher in strength and corrosion resistance. Therefore, under the same load weight, the use of aluminum castings can greatly reduce the structural weight.
(3) For the surface of a material such as aluminum alloy, its surface gloss is very good, and it also performs well in casting properties.
Only by better understanding the aluminum casting process, we know the advantages and properties of aluminum casting foundry. In order to make better use of aluminum casting technology to develop technology. China furniture cast aluminum part supplier will share with you:
Introduction to gravity casting:
Gravity casting refers to a process in which aluminum liquid is injected into a mold by gravity under the action of the gravity of the earth. In the broad sense, gravity casting is divided into: sand casting, metal (steel mold) casting, and lost foam casting. ; Narrow sense of gravity casting refers specifically to metal casting. Metal mold casting is divided into vertical manual casting, and inclined casting is most commonly used for metal mold (steel mold) casting. The mold is made of heat-resistant alloy steel. The strength, size and appearance of the cast aluminum casting are higher than those of other casting processes. Gravity casting aluminum liquid is generally poured into the gate by hand, and the cavity of the metal liquid is used to fill the cavity, exhaust, cool, and open the mold to obtain the sample. The process is generally: aluminum liquid smelting, pouring filling, exhaust , Cooling, mold opening, clear production, heat treatment, processing.
The characteristics of aluminum alloy gravity casting are: 1. The surface finish of the product is not high, and pits are easy to occur after shot blasting. 2. There are few pores inside the aluminum casting, which can be heat treated. 3. The product has low density and slightly poor strength, but high elongation. 4. Low mold cost and long mold life. 5. Low production efficiency, which increases production costs. 6, the process is relatively simple, not suitable for the production of thin-walled parts. 7. Special aluminum alloy with low fluidity can be used.
When choosing the production process of the product, it is mainly based on the wall thickness of the workpiece. When the product wall thickness is greater than 8mm, die casting will cause a lot of pores to remain in the wall, so the thicker wall thickness product can be selected by gravity casting .
Introduction to Die Casting:
Pressure casting is divided into high pressure casting and low pressure casting. High pressure casting is what we usually call die casting. The aluminum liquid is poured into the pressure chamber, and the mold cavity is filled with the pressure at high speed, and the aluminum liquid is solidified under pressure to form an aluminum casting. High-pressure die-casting: A liquid or semi-solid metal or alloy, or a liquid metal or alloy containing a reinforcing phase, is filled into the cavity of a die-casting mold at a high speed under high pressure, and the metal or alloy is under pressure. A casting method that solidifies to form a casting. The pressure commonly used in die casting is 4 to 500 MPa, and the metal filling speed is 0.5 to 120 m / s. Therefore, the filling time of the metal liquid is extremely short, and the cavity can be filled in about 0.01-0.2 seconds (depending on the size of the casting). Therefore, high pressure and high speed are the fundamental differences between die casting and other casting methods. They are also important features.
The characteristics of aluminum alloy die-casting are: 1. The surface of the product is good, generally it can reach Ra6.3 or even Ra1.6.
2. Do not heat treat. 3. The product has high air-tightness, high strength and surface hardness of the casting, but low elongation, and it is easy to produce pores if the wall thickness is too thick. 4. The mold cost is high and the service life is short. 5. High production efficiency. 6. It can produce thin-walled parts with small machining allowance. 7. Special aluminum alloy cannot be used.
3. Low-pressure casting: In a sealed crucible (or sealed tank), dry compressed air is passed in. Under the action of gas pressure, the metal liquid enters the sprue along the riser and rises, and enters the cavity smoothly through the inner gate. And maintain the gas pressure inside the crucible. Until the casting is completely solidified. Then the gas pressure on the liquid surface is released, and the non-solidified metal liquid in the ascending pipe flows back to the crucible. Open again and remove the casting. This casting method has good filling, dense casting structure, easy to cast large and thin-walled complex castings, no riser, and metal yield of 95%. No pollution, easy to realize automation. But the equipment cost is higher and the production efficiency is lower. Generally used for casting nonferrous alloys.
The characteristics of aluminum alloy low-pressure parts are: 1. The product surface is worse than the die-casting parts than the gravity parts 2. The aluminum castings have less pores inside and can be heat treated. 3. The product has high air tightness, the strength and surface hardness of the casting are higher than those of die casting, but the elongation is lower than gravity. 4. The mold cost is low and the service life is low. 5. The production efficiency is lower than gravity and far lower than die casting. 6, the process is complex, used to produce high-quality, high-quality castings. 7. Special aluminum alloy with low fluidity can be used. Simply put, low pressure is a compromise between high pressure and gravity.